The steel segment companies offer a broad range of value-added products and solutions for building and construction (including buildings, roadworks, metro stations, bridges, shopping malls and hydroelectric dam projects), mechanical engineering, shipbuilding, road and rail, the automotive industry, and mining and tunneling applications. Project locations span Greece, Bulgaria, Cyprus, France, Croatia, Tunisia and the U.S.A., making the Group a truly global supplier. The steel segment companies' product portfolio is structured as follows:
- SD integrated reinforcing system: SD concrete reinforcing steel, SD stirrup reinforcing mesh, Sidefit special mesh, SD wire mesh, Sidefor and Sidefor Plus prefabricated stirrup cages, Inomix steel fibres and lattice girders;
- Wire rods for cold drawing & mesh applications;
- Special bar quality steels (SBQ);
- Steel plates;
- Merchant bars: hot-rolled square bars, hot-rolled flat bars, hot-rolled round bars, hot-rolled equal angle bars and UPN channels;
- Grinding balls;
- THN Mining profiles;
- Boron flats: hot-rolled boron flats;
- Welding products and electrodes (manufactured by Erlikon Wire Processing S.A.);
- Wire products (manufactured by Erlikon Wire Processing S.A.);
- Flat wire for electric cables reinforcement;
- Tubular products: tubes of pre-galvanized steel and cold and hot rolled steel in round, square and rectangular profiles.
In order to achieve the optimum balance between operational and commercial flexibility, and productivity, the steel segment has adopted the following operational structure:
- Downstream operations for steel product processing;
- Sales and distribution.