Viohalco S.A. (VIO) is a Belgium-based holding company of leading metal processing companies in Europe. With main production facilities in Greece, Bulgaria, Romania, the United Kingdom North Macedonia, a strong commercial network in 18 countries and sales in 95 countries worldwide, Viohalco companies focus on technological advancement and specialise in the manufacture of aluminium, copper, cables, steel and steel pipes products, generating annual revenue of EUR 7 billion (2022). Viohalco companies are committed to sustainable manufacturing of high-quality, innovative products and solutions for dynamic and promising markets such as: building and construction, packaging, transportation (automotive, shipbuilding & rail), energy networks (offshore energy, utilities and power grids, renewable energy, gas and liquid fuels), HVAC&R (heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration), water supply, telecommunications, printing, and various industrial applications.
Viohalco portfolio also includes a segment dedicated to technology, innovation and R&D&I, comprising companies focused on product innovation, industrial research and technological development, engineering applications, ERP application services.
Viohalco is also active in the real estate sector, through a Real Estate Investment Company (REIC) that creates value through commercial exploitation of its diversified and high-quality portfolio spanning offices, shopping centres, hotels and logistics.
Across all segments, the companies offer products and services that closely align with current global sustainability megatrends. This reflects their ability to meet the evolving needs of customers and their drive to operate responsibly and sustainably.
Viohalco companies’ products cater directly to megatrends such as circular economy, reflected in demand for recyclable products, with high recycled content, transition to climate neutrality, sustainable urbanization reflected in energy efficient buildings and e-mobility, and technological advancements and digitalization.
- Listed on Euronext Brussels Exchange (VIO) and on the Athens Stock Exchange (BIO)
- Revenue: EUR 7 billion (2022)
- 85+ years’ experience and expertise
- Diversified business model (7 business segments)
- Main listed subsidiaries: Cenergy Holdings (CENER) on Euronext Brussels Exchange and on the Athens Stock Exchange and ElvalHalcor (ELHA) on the Athens Stock Exchange
- Commercial network in 18 countries
- Products distributed in 95 countries
- 2001-2022: EUR 4 billion
- Focused on maintaining state-of-the-art equipment and high productivity, continued people development and improving sustainability
- Wide diversification enables Viohalco to identify global opportunities and channel investments into attractive markets
R&D&I and Technology
- Staying one step ahead of technological developments, Viohalco companies carry out continuous R&D&I and produce innovative and efficient solutions, develop new and high value-added products by maintaining strategic partnerships with scientific bodies, international research centres, and pioneering companies globally. Ongoing scientific research, both in manufacturing plants and R&D&I centres, along with practical experience gained at Viohalco’s aluminium, copper and steel plants, has resulted in significant in-house knowledge in metallurgy.
- A key competitive advantage of Viohalco companies is their expertise in building and upgrading plants, gained through a long heritage in planning, re-engineering, process optimisation and supervisory control systems.